Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Monday, June 7, 2010

OBSESSION . . .

"Obsession gives you something to do besides having your heart shattered by heart shattering events." Geneen Roth couldn't have said it better. If I remember correctly I mention in my profile my weight gain going down hill following a car accident that my family and I had where I immediately realized that "bad" things really can happen and we have no control over them unfortunately. Were things too good? I, to this day worry every time a family member leaves the house without me. (hence why I always have my family with me where ever I go?)My obsession with food and the guilt that goes with it is my escape from the every day worry over possible heart shattering events that are beyond my control. My focus immediately shifts from my worry and horrible thoughts of what could be to my obsession with food which is comforting and so much easier to deal with. When things are good, bad things happen, so eat to shift my focus from bad things happening to my obsession with food or do I eat to keep things from being"too good" so bad things won't happen ("knock on wood")??? Does that even make sense??? OMG!!! Am I on the right track or am I just grasping at straws?

No comments:

Post a Comment