Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Friday, June 4, 2010

ALWAYS FINISH WHAT YOU START . . .

OK! I know I haven't been on for a while and I can use the excuse that I am busy - Which I am, but deep down inside there is more too it. . . I haven't yet figured it out. I really thought I had and then it hits me that I really haven't and that is a bit discouraging. I so wish there was a magic word I could use that will set me on the right track, a track for life that works for me. I am once again trying to find some kind of eating/exercising pattern that works long term. There has to be a less confusing way. As I mentioned before I am taking a break from the regimented program that I had myself on which I thought was the right way. Now I am thinking that the right way is to actually work from the inside out. I have just purchased a book called "WOMEN FOOD AND GOD An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything," by Geneen Roth. This is a book my Aunt (who has been such a big support system) told me about. I am going to get reading it immediately and we will see . . . The first sentence of the front cover . . . "If you suffer about your relationship with food - you eat too much or too little, think about what you will eat constantly or try not to think about it at all - you can be free. . ." Crazy enough, if you read my first couple blogs, I talk about the exact same thing and how I am constantly thinking about food etc. I am looking forward to reading this book and hopefully it will give me some form of direction. It is so much easier to just give up, but I am bound and determined to finish what I have started. I am hoping that by the time my journey has ended, I will finally have found what I have been looking for and I can almost guarantee it will have hardly nothing to do with food or weight . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment