Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Monday, May 3, 2010

;)

Had a great weekend, did well with watching what I ate, not perfect, but well. Practice makes perfect! Did a lot of gardening, went fishing with the family. Had the most amazing hour walk with my son. I am so proud of him. He is growing up to be an amazing young man, fingers crossed it stays that way!!! (spoken like a true mom) Where has the time gone.? I am so glad that at 17 he still enjoys walking and talking with his little ole mom. I remember when he was little, every night we used to have "tuck and talk" where I would tuck him in and we would talk about anything and everything. He started getting too old to tuck in and he would stay up later than I most days and unfortunately we drifted away from that. We always talk, but that was something special. Then shortly after we realized that we didn't have to stop the "tuck and talk", we just had to up date it . . . and so we began "walk and talk" and to this day at least once a week my son and I go for a walk, get a coffee (tea) and walk and talk. I am sure going to miss these moments when he goes off to school. I am cherishing them now while I can . . . Got up this morning, had breakfast with the kids, had an awesome workout . . . Wow did I use awesome and workout in the same sentence? Very scary. Had Mars's music playing (very good exercise music I might say!) the window open and I was just a rockin and got it all done and felt good. Now instead of cleaning before I have to go to the bus as I normally would, I am going to have a tea and sit in the back yard and look at the gardening my daughter and I did over the weekend. We planted blueberry bushes, red/black currents, lilac , wegilia bushes. We noticed that her apricot tree and pear tree are growing tiny fruit, the apple tree is blooming beautifully and the strawberries are starting to show their heads and as usual the raspberries and black berries are growing wild!!! Marlese has her radishes, lettuce, celery, beets and carrots planted already and can't wait until everything is ready. Watching her get so excited over gardening is a pleasure. I am excited for her. Now to go and have my tea before time gets away from me as it usually does. . . too late, just about missed the bus, I will just have to wait for my tea until nap time . . .

1 comment: