Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY . . .

Had a nice Mother's day. Woke up to a kiss and hug along with the words "happy mothers day, Do you know how much I love you? You are the best mother and wife anyone could ever ask for . . . Do you know how amazing you are? I forgot it was even mothers day!!! My daughter served me breakfast in bed with my favourite gossip magazine which I only get when we are at the cottage and a very nice card that she went to buy all by herself after school one day. Went for a nice walk, climbed a very steep hill we would never attempt to climb before and I made it to the top without hyperventilating - woo hoo!!! Found another amazing world at the top and we got to explore it. It was awesome!!! Slipped crossing a stream, but landed gracefully and only managed to twist my knee a bit. Everyone had a good laugh over that ;) Called my dad and wished him a happy mother's day as he has been both mom and dad for several years now. Had a surprise visit from someone I worked with 20 years ago. She gave me something for mothers day that was so dear to my heart. . . Timeless perfume!!! She brought tears to my eyes. She remembered after all these years that that was the perfume that my mom used to wear. I can't remember what I had for lunch and she remembered something I casually brought up 20 years ago. It made my day even more special. How wonderful to be surrounded by people who love you . . . a great feeling! Did pretty good eating this weekend except had some homemade peanut butter/flax cookies and a couple chocolates. Didn't go on bike or treadmill, but went hiking and for a very long walk both days, hope that was enough to keep my weight down. Am on track with one pound per week. Never thought I would be happy with that, but I am because it is staying off and I feel good. Friday night my husband bought me some new "lady" shirts and got rid of all my frumpy, old, over sized, "men" shirts and told me how great I looked in my new ones. I am no longer aloud to wear frumpy shirts anymore and I am OK with that. Happy Mothers day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment