Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH . . .

I am so tired today! Beautiful day, just wish the sun was shinning. I wonder if it is the gloom outside making me feel tired or am I now doing too much. Having a hard time finding time to do all the other things that I normally do instead of exercising. Found time to fit in exercising, but at the cost of other things. People always say instead of sitting watching tv, get up and exercise. The problem I am having is that I am always doing something. I don't sit for very long. Have made a schedule to try and help me manage my new routine and still be able to get everything I need to get done - done. As of right now I get a break at 12:00 and after dinner seems to be free unless I need to catch up with my exercises. Delegate! I hear people say, the problem is everyone is doing just as much as I am. Well, maybe not as much as I am, but their fair share. I tend to do more than I need to,.Maybe some things don't really need to be done right away. I am sure they will still be there tomorrow. This morning on BT as I was getting ready to go to the school bus I heard a gentleman saying "victims focus on problems, while leaders focus on a solution" I loved it so much I wrote it down on my way out the door. I have no idea what he was actually talking about previous, but this particular phrase caught me. How true to life is that. I always tell my children that "every problem has a solution" and "not to focus on the problem or it will continue to be a problem". "Deal with it and move on". "Always look for the positive in everything good or bad. It may take a while to find, but something positive is always there and focus on that". How funny to realize that I am not truly practicing what I preach on a daily basis. How easy it is to get stuck in a rut that you are sure you can never possibly get out of. As I have done with my weight. I got so focused on the problem, I never really looked hard enough for the solution that was right for me. Lots of solutions out there, but I needed to find the one right for me. So I guess my lesson for today is to stop acting like a victim and move on. If you don't get something done today, try and do it another day. The world will not end because the laundry isn't done. My family is more than willing to help me out, but I have to play the tough guy and try to do it all on my own. I need to accept the help when offered and last but not least practice what I preach!!! Now, I am off to get lunch/dinner prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment