Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

WHERE DO I START?

As I sit in my bed early one morning, thinking how am I going to go about finding myself, I remembered a book that my Aunt had given to me shortly after my birthday called "Simple Abundance A Day Book of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ban Breathnach and began reading as I was on the treadmill each morning. This was it . . . This is where I would start. The book helps you remember why you are here, to Cherish the little things and so much more. I began following the advice given . . . I started a gratitude journal, I take one day a month (for now) and go out on my own for a couple hours. It was extremely hard for me, the guilt I felt to be enjoying this time without my family. My husband and I have date nights where we go for a walk, bowling, for a coffee, the movies, what ever suits our fancy. I have started saying how I feel instead of hoping that everyone else will just automatically know and that has made the world of difference. Now, over the past couple months I have been putting together my goals for my weight loss journey. This is not coming along so well. As hard as I try or think I am trying, it isn't going well at all. I get one started and am doing well and all of a sudden I am looking to do something else. It is never good enough, something is always better to do, or is that just an excuse to stop, eat what ever while I am redoing my program and then get started again. I think that is more like the excuse to eat that I have found and use way too often. If you go through my drawers you will find great intentions, mounds and mounds of diets, programs, journals, exercises, but non have ever been followed through for more that 2-3 weeks. How do I get past that? How do I convince myself that I can do this? How do I get rid of those damn excuses once and for all?

No comments:

Post a Comment