Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Monday, August 16, 2010

NEEEEEEEXT . . .

I am back!!! Haven't been watching myself over the summer, been busy with the family enjoying myself and not thinking or worrying about anything and it has been nice. Very proud of my "emotional" journey progress, now for my "food" journey progress. Making some headway, slowly, but surely. Realized that I eat more salt, oils, "healthy foods" etc. than I thought. My main sit down meals have been very nutritious, but the nibbling in between that is killing me. I need to eat for what it is that I want to accomplish . . . As much as I want to say I can eat anything I want, I can't! I need to eat "healthy" with healthy foods that won't continue to pack the pounds on. Beans, eating way too many, thought they were healthy, and they are, but not for what it is I am trying to accomplish which is to get healthy and lose weight. So instead of having beans, nuts avocado etc. 4x/wk, only have them 1-2x/wk. Starting a new plan, I can eat what ever I want as long as it isn't junk, processed, jarred, canned or salt filled foods. No salt (very hard) everything tastes so bland without it. I need to find spices that add a similar flavour and I will be OK. Other than my withdrawals over salt, today has been good so far. My menu is limited, but will learn to make great things with what I have. I have to say I am a bit hungry right now so I am going to have some quinoa with peppers, mushrooms, onions and shrimp with a tomatoe salad . . . hope it fills me up. Will let you know how I feel all round over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment