Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR . . .

Happy New Year!!! Hope everyone had an amazing New Year! Just returned from Cancun. Spent Xmas and New Years there. Didn't seem like the holidays, but was such an incredible experience. What an awesome way to end the year!!! I have to say that when I first started this journey, I was confused, focused solely on losing weight and didn't even fathom getting anything else out of this. As I have probably said several times, I have learned so much about myself. I have overcome many fears/phobias. I have learned to accept me for who I am and be comfortable in my own skin. All this also helped my marriage become stronger and I have built a better relationship with my children. I have learned to accept others as they are and not to judge them because they don't do or say what I would hope them to. Their lives are just that - theirs and mine is mine! I realize that I can do anything I set my mind to do and that if it takes time, that is OK. Even in Cancun I had eye opener experiences about myself. I continued to eat proper which I am excited about, I wore a bathing suit without a t-shirt on the beach and felt good about myself. Didn't compare myself to all the "skinny" people. I felt good! I have not wore a bathing suit without a cover since I was in grade 8, that is how self conscious I was. My family was very supportive and proud of me. I was able to roam the airport, hotel, city on my own with out any anxiety. I went on a night fishing charter and the waves were so high and moving the boat around like on the deadliest catch and I was calm and just enjoyed myself with my family without any worries. I wasn't going to go snorkeling with my daughter because I was scared, but I did and was so glad I did. It was an amazing experience. I not only got to experience the reef, I got to do it with my daughter/husband and I over came my fear. Both my daughter and husband again were very pleased and proud of me for attempting it!!! So as you can see, my journey didn't stop when I left my home town and I am sure it won't stop once I reach my goal weight which is another story. . . I am not weighing myself until my journey year is officially up, but all I can say is I FEEL GOOD and I am hoping at my next appointment I will not only feel good, but be healthier as well. I will say it once again that this journey has made an incredible impact on my life that you can't even begin to understand. Some things seem trivial to others, but to me they were paralyzing at times and to overcome it is an amazing feat for me. So I will continue to work on the healthy part and we will see shortly how it all works out!!! Thanks again to those who have supported and believed in me all along. 2011 I am ready for you . . . May 2011 be all you hope it will be . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment