Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Monday, July 12, 2010

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE . . .

Having some kinda break through . . . Eating . . . no more scale, no more menus, no more, no more, no more!!! I eat what I crave, which isn’t very much lately, as I am very busy which probably isn’t that good either. I am more aware of what I am eating and trying to nibble more with small meals than with larger ones! While trying to get my IBS in order, I found out that by cutting out fried foods, dairy, and wheat, I don’t feel sluggish and yucky any more. I read an article which said stress as well as eating foods that your body has a sensitivity to can lead to weight gain. So I have been watching that and it seems to be going well. Less stressful!!! Yesterday, I lied outside in the sun in my new bathing suit Frank and Mar got me, put Nick’s headphones on, listened to my 80s music and didn't have a clue what was going on around me. It was soooo nice. No one bothered me, I didn’t feel guilty and before I knew it it was dinner and the patio table was set and food out . . . now how on earth did that happen without me knowing!!! They got me two cute bathing suits that I absolutely love. I actually feel comfortable enough in it to go swimming without a T-shirt. They even got me a cover up to wear on the beach that makes me look human instead of a slump of who knows what in an over sized T-shirt. I haven’t lost weight yet, but have come very far with other things that I think will help me in the near future with my weight. I am learning to accept how I look and it is so much less stressful than getting upset every time I have to go out, look in the mirror etc. If I can’t feel good about myself, how can I expect others too. What does this journey have in store for me next? I really want this to be a long term change as appose to a quick fix and am willing to take the time in order for that to happen . . . I am happy with all the emotional learning that is taking place, but who am I kidding, I am hoping it doesn’t take forever for me to see the physical results as well . . . Patience is a virtue as my mom used to say!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment