Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DAY 2 . . . EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT A WHOLE NEW PERSPECTIVE!!!

Yesterday wasn't too bad! Ate "real" foods all day/night. Miss my salt sooo much. Food just isn't the same, but I am sure that once I figure out how to spice foods without salt it will be just as tasty. Today had breakfast as soon as I woke. Drinking lots of water, steaming and grilling veg, eating a lot of chicken and fish. Eating a bigger breakfast and lunch and smaller dinner with my plate full of vegetables. No refined sugars at all, how is that even possible for me??? Felt good yesterday, not sluggish. Felt hungry at times, so ate fruit and vegetables and I was good to go!!! It is a bit easier because everyone in the house is doing the same thing. Have not been making my gourmet meals lately, simple ones for a while so I hope the kids don't get bored. When I get the hang of it, I will start adapting my gourmet meals to suit our new needs, don't have the time right now. Found these cool crackers that are all natural, organic, kosher, dairy, wheat, gluten free, no hydrog. oils, no trans fat and have flax in them! Hey they are not as tasty as my normal crackers, but they pack a crunch and are satisfying!!! (Mary's Organic Crackers) Going away this weekend and hope that I can continue my new way of eating. I am not on a diet, I am just changing my diet to what my body needs to survive. I realize I don't need all that I have been eating previous, but I do need what I am eating now in order to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment