Welcome to my journey. . .

Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!!! May this be just as much of a learning experience for you as it is for me!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to share. I am ready to walk through this journey with you all.

Monday, April 26, 2010

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR . . .

Was a beautiful day today, getting back into things after not feeling well. During this time I reassessed what I was doing and how it was working. I tweaked it a bit, but didn't start something totally new this time and I didn't use this as an opportunity to eat. This is a big deal for me. I am really liking where I am going with all this. It is very slow, but I am feeling good and finding myself at the same time. I am learning that the world isn't going to fall apart and if it does, it will still be there to fix when I am done losing my weight. This is an investment that I am making in my future and it is sooo worth it. Now I am feeling good about things, I understand that it is going to take time and I am prepared for that. Theeeeeeeen I go to visit my in laws only to see that my sister/mother in laws are all sitting around talking about their weight. One is skinny as skinny can be and the other is very over weight, but is on Bernstein for the second time. Now I am there minding my own business and of course I get pulled into their conversation. I am no stranger to their smart ass comments about my weight, but this time it really hurt. I am happy she is going to lose her weight I really am, but please don't be telling me how many calories I should be eating when you are wolfing down fried foods and cake, not one, but two pieces in front of me, then go for your injection and lose a ton of weight while I am trying so hard to do it right. She will be skinnier before me and then I will be the fat one at the table listening to all the sarcasm. Just very frustrating to listen to people making digs at me about my weight when I am trying hard. I know that I am doing the right thing. I don't need to put others down to make myself feel better and I am on the right track and I will not let any body take this positive feeling I have right now away from me.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe I wrote that . . . venting much!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete